Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 11 Complete

It's been a couple weeks since the blog's been updated, so I figured it was about time.

Training is progressing nicely, and the miles are continuing to increase. Week 10 was a high mileage week, putting in close to 30 miles that week, with a high of 14 miles on the Saturday run (14.28). The Saturday run was long, and it rained that day, making for a lot of soaked runners. And interesting things happen to one's body when running in the rain. I had some blistering on both feet in between the second the third toes. Not too bad, but noticeable. And lots of joint pain between miles 10 and 14. But it felt so good once I stopped running! (LOL) Overall the week was pretty good. Got to try some more e-gel and a honey stinger waffle during the run in an effort to test some food options while running.

Week 11 was low miles, which was good because it seemed like it was a week where I had zero energy most of the week. Everything was laborious and nothing seemed to come easy. Short runs became painful and tedious, but they were done. Even with all that, the few runs I did do were sub 10:00/mile runs. I think part of that is knowing up front that it would be a low mileage week and maybe that set me up for the boredom.

I feel like I need to run with some tunes. If you know of any good running tunes that have served you well, please pass them along. I prefer something uplifting and positive, and not aggressive or demeaning (lyric-wise) so please keep that in mind when suggesting tunage.

I also signed up for the Tulsa Run (October 27th). 15k and it should be a training run for me. I don't have a goal time, but maybe I should think about one.

Week 12 is starting off great with the Labor Day holiday today. I decided to mix things up a bit and went for a bike ride this morning. 25 miles was fairly easy with a lot of energy. Amazed that I didn't feel the lactic acid burn very much on the hills, and my lungs were strong as well. I guess I can attribute that to my conditioning from running. I really like cycling and want to get faster and increase my mileage. I also would like to get a nice road bike to ride on the paved surfaces. I take donations.....:)

All for now. Thanks for reading and following my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment