Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 9

Ah, week 9 was nice. Cooler weather, a little rain, and rest time for the legs this week as the training schedule wasn't as brutal. And somehow I still managed to get a little calf tweak. Don't think it's much, but I have been massaging it and trying to roll the pain away. It's in a location that's difficult to stretch.

Some observations from the week:


  • Low miles - good. 
  • Calf pain - bad
  • Starting to add some miscellaneous workouts into the routine.
  • Getting a little bored with the runs - ready to just get the marathon here. I know that's probably a normal feeling, but I also know that I need to keep the miles coming and focus on nutrition during the longer runs. So far, so good.
  • Took advantage of Runner's World Tulsa 50% off of winter gear. Hard to buy winter gear in the summer, but it's the only way to save big $$.
  • Need to find some other routes - I think riverside is starting to wear on me. I should be glad that Tulsa has a place like Riverside and RiverParks for runners and cyclists. It's pretty amazing, really.

I am thinking about carrying tunes while running. I see a lot of people do it, but usually I am talking to a fellow runner, so the time goes by fairly quickly. I have a feeling the actual marathon might be a little lonely, so maybe I'll start doing that. 


All for now. Thanks to all my Runner's World Badgers and friends and everyone else who is supportive and encouraging.

Steve




No comments:

Post a Comment