Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 8

Week 8 is complete. This was a great week. I was fortunate to run well, and mostly pain free. Notes from the week:

  • Ran three runs this week - 7, 5.3, and 13.1 for a little over 25 miles. This was my longest week ever, and the Saturday distance of 13.1 (half marathon) was a distance PR for me! And it was like 65 degrees out during the run. It felt great!
  • My left calf is healed up and gave me really no problems at all this week.
  • Still have some what I will call minor issues with heel and knee pain at the longer distance, but I believe they will adapt and be pain free as well. They are not injuries, just some joint pain.
  • Tried a new gel this week from Crank Sports - yeah we had fun with that name on the run on Saturday. Good stuff and my body received it well. I'll keep using them and try the other flavors in the pack to see which ones I like the most.
  • I am thankful for body glide - enough said.
Other than that, everything else is great. I am trying to find a half distance race in early October. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. 

The Honey Badgers are an amazing group of people to run with. Many strong runners in the group, and we just keep badgerin' along! Remember the motto- "Anyone can run just one more mile"

Steve



No comments:

Post a Comment