Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 7 - Heat Wave Continues

Completed week 7. Remarkable things from week 7 include:

  • Monday run that was terrible. Left calf started giving me trouble at mile 3. I was running with a team member, and he was having some other difficulty, so we walked almost a mile of the 4.5 that day.
  • Thursday run was better, but still had calf problems at mile 3. Wound up slugging out 6.5 miles that day
  • Saturday 2:00 am woke up with some nasty stomach/intestinal stuff that lasted until around 10:00 am, so I missed the group run which I had planned to do 10 miles. Ran in the evening and although I still had calf issues, I took a break every mile to stretch and hydrate. Finished up with 6.5 miles.
  • Got my new hydration belt, and got to use it on Saturday night. I love it! It's gonna be my best friend for sure. 
Feel like my calf is starting to recover, and I'll just kind of take it easy on the pace until it starts to feel strong again. Right now, it's tentative and day to day. Didn't do as many miles as I needed to do in week 7, and week 8 is supposed to be a little less mileage, so I think I'll be able to recover even more this week. In about two weeks, I'll start to eat while running to get used to that for the longer distance days.

I desire to put more weight training back into my week, but finding it difficult to get the motivation to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment