Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 4 Update

Covered about 23 miles this week. Ran a 6.75, 6.75, and 9.2 or thereabouts. Monday and Thursday runs were more walk/runs with a timed mile on the return side. It was hot again this week, with weekday runs being near 100. I was thankful for the slower pace.

Saturday was a good run and the longest of the week by design. We started at Veterans park and went through downtown Tulsa, by the BOK and Brady district. Ran the 4.2 mile loop twice and then ran to Riverside and back to get over 9 for the day. Nutrition was good, as I tried some carb loading on Friday night eating mashed potatoes, bread and cheesecake (1/2 slice). Then Saturday morning I ate the remainder of the cheesecake at 5:30 am! So, my run was cheesecake fueled! I may be onto something here....

Nutrition was pretty good all week, thanks to the seminar we attended last Sunday. Overall, pretty good training although my heels and knees are still feeling it pretty good. Still stretching and doing some strengthening exercises for my core, which is helping. Thinking about trying some gel inserts for the heel issue, and hoping that may help the knees also. Staying on the glucosamine-chondriotin and fish oil regimine this week, and was also taking multivitamins.

Thankful for my Runners World Training group - the Honey Badgers - as they continue to support and encourage each other. They are an amazing group of dedicated runners who really take care of their own. Special thanks to the group leaders Ed Snow and Tom W.







No comments:

Post a Comment