Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 5

Week 5 is in the books. Less mileage this week, as it was supposed to be a taper week. Still managed to run 4 times though. Slower pace and shorter mileage make for some good recovery time. Still dealing with some moderate heel and knee pain. I've been doing extra stretching and leg strengthening work, and trying to understand more about what's going on. This is new for me, and it is not comfortable. I've spoken with a few people, and will probably go back to RW and talk to them about it as well to make sure it isn't the shoes.

On the fun side I tried trail running this week! It was a blast. TATUR hosts trail runs at Turkey Mountain on Tuesdays and Sundays. I got grouped up with about 8 - 10 people and we went for about 3 miles in an hour or so. It's a lot more work than it seems, and you definitely have to stay focused on the path and the runner directly in front of you, because if they tumble, you might tumble as well. Well, fortunately I didn't take a spill and was able to run the three miles comfortably. I definitely felt it in my his and legs at the end. It was pretty awesome. And I am now a trail running evangelist. So, if you are interested in running trails, come and join us at 6:30 on Tuesday evenings at Turkey.

All for now. Next week we up the mileage again. Getting to see some really nice areas of Tulsa during the runs, and it's neat to run with the group, Seems like I get to talk to someone different every run, and that makes it enjoyable.

Drop me a comment on here if you'd like. I could always use the encouragement. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment